Wednesday, 15 December 2010


Saturday just passed I took the train to Melbourne to attend the opening of Places and Pieces - the show just looked fabulous - curated by Rebecca Jobson and furniture design by Erik North.
And this photo of the show is by Rochelle Marwood.

An article about the show is coming up in a local paper on Friday - looking forward to reading the text by Megan Spencer.

But before the opening spectacular I did some sticky beeking around the Nicholas Building - unfortunately a day late for the open studio event - although I did meet a wonderful woman, Robyn, and had a great chat in her studio Harold & Maude. Her work is all about found objects, recycling, remade and renewed. She works also with fabric and paper and pretty much anything. She does a lot of styling for events and has an amazing can do attitude which she celebrates - lovely.

Ever since moving into Melbourne back in the early 1990s (not 1900s) I have loved the city and loved this building.Here is a pic of a paper Christmas decoration she gave me on my departure - what joy and beauty!

Also opened up an world of pondering of how I might set a commerical studio up...

1 comment:

Penny said...

"My life is a series of snatched moments between being a mother, wife, sister, daughter, a friend, project manager and artist. Most of all I like to sleep or pretend I dont exist behind a book."

I could have written this about myself (still working on the 'artist' bit though). I tell people that I feel like my life is one big compromise - something is always at the expense of something else. Ahhh, the art of balance. Do you know the secret?

Nice to 'meet' you.

There was an error in this gadget


Related Posts with Thumbnails