Pages

Friday 4 January 2008

First do to list embroidery

Remember that show I was umming and arring about? Well I still haven't canceled - but naughty me still hasn't paid the deposit for the space. But I have starting making the first piece of the idea I am planning to work with for the show. I am going to submit it as a digital image to a friend who is starting a zine here in Bendigo.


Then I added some scribble (thanks Hj)



The work is on a thin glossy paper that I picked up years back from a church charity photocopy business - it used to be used in photocopying process some how years ago - it is quite strong and forgiving to the needle and thread.

The thread I used for the text is a lovely black cotton I found at an op shop year ago too on a black spool and it would have to be my most favoritest thread there is - it is nice and thick and sure of itself.

For the scribble it is an embroidery thread - I really should have used brown - I need to do some crafty shopping.



Here is the work as a scan, which I am quite excited about!

1 comment:

sam lamb said...

I love this - the materials are a perfect choice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails